Location: Manassas, Virginia
E-mail: E-mail Me
With over 30 years experience, Robert H. Klima is recognized as one of Virginia's most qualified and experienced adoption attorneys. Since 1993, Bob has been a fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys, a national association of approximately 300 attorneys who practice adoption law extensively, or have otherwise distinguished themselves in the field of adoption. In conjunction with the state legislature, Bob has helped to draft many of Virginia's adoption statutes, and has written and lectured on adoption. Because of his extensive knowledge and experience in the adoption field, he frequently receives referrals from other local attorneys and members of the Academy. Additionally, Mr. Klima is highly regarded for his litigation skills and has successfully represented adoption clients throughout the Commonwealth in contested adoption trials.
Originally from Bethesda, Maryland, Bob received his B.A. from the University of Maryland. After graduation he worked as a legislative assistant on Capitol Hill before attending and graduating from George Mason University School of Law. He was admitted to the Virginia State Bar in 1978.
Outside the office, Bob enjoys spending time with his wife and family. He is the founder and Chairman of the Board for Children with Disabilities Fund International, an organization committed to enhancing the quality of life of children with special needs living in orphanages in developing countries.
Areas of Practice
• Stepparent Adoption
• Parental Placement Adoption
• Foster Parent Adoption
• Interstate Adoption
• International Adoption
• Private Adoption in Virginia, 2004
• Articles: Best Interest of the Child, 2004
• Adoption of Children with Special Needs, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Virginia State Bar Association
• Member Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar
• Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
• Substitute District Court Judge for the 20th Judicial District of Virginia
• Chairman of the Board, Children with Disabilities Fund International
• George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia, 1978
• University of Maryland, 1974
• Offers Free Initial Consultation
• Accepts Credit Cards