Robert H. Klima received his B.A. from the University of Maryland in 1974. After graduation, he worked as a legislative assistant on Capitol Hill before attending and graduating from George Mason University School of Law. He was admitted to the Virginia State Bar in 1978.
Outside the office, Mr. Klima serves as Chairman of the Board for Children with Disabilities Fund International (CDFI), an organization committed to enhancing the quality of life of children with special needs living in orphanages in developing countries.
CDFI's current work is largely spent partnering with West Haven Children's Home located in Jamaica, an orphanage with about 80 children and young adult residents. CDFI established the orphanage's first school in 2012.
Areas of Practice
- Stepparent Adoption
- Parental Placement Adoption
- Foster Parent Adoption
- Interstate Adoption
- International Adoption
- Child Custody
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Member of Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar
- Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
- Chairman of the Board, Children with Disabilities Fund International
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia, 1978
- University of Maryland, 1974
- Honored by the Prince William County Bar and the Judges of the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court of Prince William County for his efforts in practicing and promoting mediation as a means of resolving family conflicts, and for his service on the committee which created the Prince William County Office of Dispute Resolution
- Named a 'Top Lawyer', by peer review in the December, 2013 issue of the Northern Virginia Magazine.
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
Contact Robert H. Klima, PC
Fairfax lawyer Robert H. Klima provides adoption and family law services throughout Northern Virginia and Central Virginia. For more information about how we can help, call 703-361-5051 to speak with Mr. Klima directly or to schedule a consultation. Appointments may be held in-person, over the phone, or via Skype. You can also send us an e-mail.