Northern Virginia Adoption Lawyer
Families in and around Manassas, Fairfax and Northern Virginia have turned to attorney Robert H. Klima to help them through the adoption process for more than 30 years.
Mr. Klima is recognized as one of the most qualified adoption attorneys in Virginia and was recently honored by being named a ‘Top Lawyer’ by Northern Virginia Magazine. Since 1993, Mr. Klima has been a fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys, a national organization of approximately 300 of the foremost adoption attorneys in the country who practice adoption law extensively or have otherwise distinguished themselves in the field of adoption law. State legislatures often look to the Academy and its fellows for advice when passing new adoption related legislation.
A Leading Adoption Lawyer in Fairfax and Surrounding Northern Virginia Areas
From our office in Manassas, Mr. Klima has handled more than 2,500 successful adoptions since beginning his practice of law in 1978. Because of his depth of knowledge and experience in the adoption field, he frequently receives referrals from other local attorneys and members of the Academy. Mr. Klima is recognized for his work in:
- Stepparent adoption: When a parent has remarried and would like his or her new spouse to adopt the child or children.
- Parental placement adoption: When a birth parent chooses the adoptive family directly.
- Agency adoption: When the child has been placed with the adoptive family by either a private agency or Department of Social Services.
- Contested adoptions: When the birth parent opposed the adoption.
- Interstate adoption: When a child is being placed for adoption across state lines, the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children must be complied with.
- International adoption: When a child has been adopted in a foreign country, a Virginia Order of Adoption and birth certificate may be obtained.
- Foster parent adoption: When foster parents want to adopt their foster children.
In addition to representing adoptive parents, Mr. Klima can also provide guidance and representation to birth mothers considering adoption.
Contact a Manassas and Fairfax adoption attorney to learn more.
Why Hiring an Adoption Attorney Is Important
Adoption laws are complex, and it is essential that clients seek legal advice and representation from an experienced and qualified adoption attorney at the outset. Whether you are just beginning to contemplate adopting a child, are interested in pursuing a stepparent adoption, or are a party to a court proceeding, contacting an adoption attorney is the first step to clearly understanding state, national, and international laws and requirements, and confidently navigating the adoption process.
Contact a Northern Virginia Adoption Lawyer in Fairfax and Manassas
Robert H. Klima, PC, provides adoption legal services throughout Northern Virginia and Central Virginia, as well as the rest of the state. An in-person consultation can be scheduled at the Northern Virginia office located in Manassas.